As the sun gets brighter and the nights get longer, summer in Cairo is a great opportunity to wake up everyday to marvel at views of the legendary Nile and the Cairo skyline. Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza can be a good starting point to experience what Cairo has to offer this summer.
From centuries-old museums and galleries to music festivals and concerts, the concierge team of Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza shares their favorite things to do this summer in the city:
Attend the citadel music festival
• Salah El-Din Citadel dominates Cairo’s skyline and was the nerve center of Egypt for almost 700 years. In August, the citadel will turn into an arts and culture center during its annual two-week music festival. Organized by Cairo Opera House, the festival hosts various art performances by local and international artists against the backdrop of the 12th-century citadel.
Soak up the sun with a cooling dip
• One of the best things about Cairo is the long morning hours. Take advantage and escape the heat in one of three rooftop swimming pools at Four Seasons Cairo at Nile Plaza. Lounge with a refreshing drink in hand and let the cooling breeze that follows blow away any thoughts you might have.
Travel back in time with Cairo’s palaces
• When summer weather strikes, take your activities indoors and consider yourself royalty while exploring Cairo’s lavish palaces. From the masterpieces at Princess Aisha Fahmy Palace and the Manial Palace that tell the story of botanical eloquence and architectural grandeur, to Amir Taz Palace, Abdeen Palace and many more that tell stories of Cairo’s modern history.
Embrace the warm weather at the spa
• A hot summer day in Cairo is just the perfect time to set the mood for well-being at Four Seasons Spa. The spa offers treatments designed to prep and prime you to soak up that warm summer sun while reviving some of the pharaoh’s beauty secrets.
Spend an afternoon with the pharaohs
• Home to the world’s most extensive collection of ancient Egyptian antiquities, the 107-hall Egyptian Museum features an incredible 160,000 objects on display with artifacts spanning 5,000 years of the pharaonic era. To beat the summer heat, the museum opens late afternoon every Sunday and Thursday.
Get lost in Cairo’s 1000-year-old market
• Few places in Cairo can match the energy of Khan El-Khalili market, especially in the evenings when the entire area is lit up with colorful lanterns. The hotel’s chief concierge Dalia Khalil recommends experiencing the essence of old Cairo and visiting the 240-year-old El-Feshawy café.
Cheer at the Africa Cup of Nations 2019
• Be part of the continent’s biggest football competition, as Egypt is hosting the 32nd Africa Cup of Nations from June 21 to July 19. The concierge team at Four Seasons Cairo at Nile Plaza can help with booking tickets and information.