Al-Mald Mosque, one of the oldest historic buildings (1364 AH, equivalent to 1945 in the Gregorian calendar) in Al-Mald Heritage Village, south Baha region, has received the attention of the Mohammed bin Salman Project for Historical Mosques Renovation in Saudi Arabia.
The village was built on hills overlooking Al-Mald Valley, with two adjacent fortresses that create a distinctive architectural form.
Besides being a place of prayer and worship, the mosque was a cultural and scientific beacon for the people of the village, where many lessons and lectures were held. The village’s people would learn about writing and the Holy Qur’an at Al-Mald Mosque.
The mosque, which accommodates about 34 worshippers and has a total area of 90 square meters, played a prominent social role for the residents in discussing their daily affairs and solving their problems and disputes.
The prayers are now performed in the mosque, which is located 3 km south of Baha city on the road leading to Baljurashi governorate. It is distinguished by its construction in the Sarat style, consisting of irregular stones, while its roof is made of juniper tree trunks.