Zionists bellicosity: Unarmed hijabi woman gunned down

Updated 24 September 2015

Zionists bellicosity: Unarmed hijabi woman gunned down

JERUSALEM: The Zionist state on Thursday defended the actions of its soldiers who shot dead an armless 18-year-old Palestinian woman at a checkpoint in the West Bank as questions swirled over the events that led to the killing.

Hadeel Al-Hashlamon was gunned down by Israeli forces on Tuesday at a checkpoint in the flash point city of Hebron. The military said she was attempting to stab a soldier when they opened fire.
Activists have however distributed photos purporting to show the fully veiled woman with no knife visible at the checkpoint. The pictures however do not capture the moment of the shooting.
The Israeli military on Thursday maintained its initial version of events and provided further details of what it said occurred. It said a preliminary review had been opened as is standard for fatal incidents.
The woman’s father said at her funeral on Wednesday that she was innocent and had been killed by multiple shots while posing no threat.
An activist with the Youth Against Settlements group that distributed photos purporting to show the woman at the checkpoint before her death said he arrived at the scene shortly afterwards and saw no knife.
“She did not have a knife,” said the activist, Issa Amro. “She was murdered in cold blood and was not a threat to the soldiers.”
The killing came with tensions high in the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem after three days of clashes last week at Al-Aqsa Mosque compound.


Yemen thanks UAE for evacuating students from China

Updated 8 min 58 sec ago

Yemen thanks UAE for evacuating students from China

  • Al-Hadrami has thanked the UAE for its “cooperation and help” in the evacuation process
  • The Yemeni students are temporarily staying in quarantine in the UAE

DUBAI: The Yemeni foreign ministry has thanked the UAE for its collaboration in the evacuation of Yemeni students in the Chinese city of Wuhan which had been at the outbreak of the coronavirus.  

The Foreign Affairs Minister Mohammed Abdullah al-Hadrami has thanked the UAE on the minsitry’s official Twitter account for its “cooperation and help” in the evacuation process.

The tweet said the students were welcomed in the UAE and are temporarily staying in quarantine before they get cleared to return to Yemen.