Prince Khaled announces SR14.6bn projects in Taif, Moya and Misan

Makkah Gov. Prince Khaled Al-Faisal
Updated 06 February 2018
0

Prince Khaled announces SR14.6bn projects in Taif, Moya and Misan

JEDDAH: Makkah Gov. Prince Khaled Al-Faisal has unveiled projects in Taif, Moya and Misan Provinces, with an estimated cost of more than SR14.6 billion ($3.9 million).
Addressing the local councils of Taif, Moya and Misan provinces, Prince Khaled thanked King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for their care of the provinces.
Prince Khaled said that the road projects in the three provinces would cost more than SR899 million, and there would be a a further SR100 million spent on education, SR1.8 billion on water, SR500 million on health projects, SR1.4 billion on electricity, with a further SR130 million for social projects.
He said the new Taif project will cost nearly SR11 billion and include a new international airport, Okaz city, a technology oasis, housing complex, an industrial city and university campus.
A second 10-year development plan will be announced at an investment forum during Shabaan, he added.
In a related development, Prince Khaled launched a workshop with a presentation on investment opportunities in the three provinces in which businessmen were invited to join the projects.


Sirens to ring out over Riyadh as Saudi’s Civil Defense test warning system

Updated 9 min 15 sec ago

Sirens to ring out over Riyadh as Saudi’s Civil Defense test warning system

Warning sirens will sound over Riyadh on Thursday as the General Directorate of Civil Defense carries out tests on its public alarm system.

The test, which will also take place in Ad-Dilam, Diriyah and Khafji, are being carried out to ensure the sirens are effective and ready, Directorate of Civil Defense spokesman in Riyadh, Lt. Col. Mohammed Al-Hammadi, said.

The tests come as Saudi Arabia – backed by international world powers – investigates Saturday’s attacks on the Aramco oil facilities.

The Saudi Aramco facilities were hit in drone strikes earlier this week, causing fires to break out.

The Houthis claimed responsibility, but the United States believes the attacks originated in southwestern Iran, a US official told Reuters, an assessment that further increases tension in the Middle East.

In response, Iran issued a denial, warning it would respond to any attacks.