Three dead in southwestern Saudi Arabia from Houthi missile attack — state media

Three dead in southwestern Saudi Arabia from Houthi missile attack — state media
Saudi-led coalition spokesperson Turki Al-Maliki said two civilians were killed in the south of Saudi Arabia from a missile launched from Yemen by the Houthi movement. (File photo: SPA)
Updated 09 June 2018

Three dead in southwestern Saudi Arabia from Houthi missile attack — state media

Three dead in southwestern Saudi Arabia from Houthi missile attack — state media

RIYADH: Three civilians were killed in the south of Saudi Arabia from a missile launched from Yemen by the Houthi movement, said Saudi state-owned Al Ekhbariya TV on Saturday night.
Saudi-led coalition spokesperson, Col. Turki Al-Maliki confirmed that at 02:55pm local time (11:55 GMT) the Southern Operations Center announced that Houthi militants deliberately targeted a civilian area, killing three people.
The Houthis, an Iran-allied group that controls much of Yemen including the capital Sanaa, have fired a series of missiles into the Kingdom in recent months, part of a three-year-old conflict in Yemen.
The three citizens were killed in Jazan province in southwestern Saudi Arabia. The coalition said it would retaliate against anyone who threatens the safety of its citizens and residents.
A US-backed, Saudi-led military coalition is fighting against the Houthis on behalf of the government of President Abd Rabbu Mansour Al-Hadi, who lives in exile in Riyadh.
Last month, the group fired a salvo of missiles at the capital Riyadh, saying it was targeting economic targets.