Saudi Arabia opens applications for recruitment of female soldiers, immigration officers

Women immigration officers will soon be working at airport and land border checks in Saudi |Arabia under a new program of the Ministry of Interior. (SPA file photo)
Updated 14 June 2019
0

Saudi Arabia opens applications for recruitment of female soldiers, immigration officers

  • Applicants must be born and raised in Saudi Arabia
  • applications would be received through the website www.jobs.sa

RIYADH: The Saudi Interior Ministry’s undersecretariat for military affairs opened the application window for the recruitment of female soldiers, to ensure the security of female civil status offices across the Kingdom, on Thursday.

It noted that applications would be received through the website www.jobs.sa from 10 a.m. on June 17 to 10 a.m. on June 20.

The ministry also announced the opening of the registration process for female jobs at the Passports Directorate. New recruits will be given military ranks and will be assigned to serve at airports and land border checks.

It added that the women can now enlist at the rank of private at the Women’s Security Training Institute at King Fahd Security College.

Applicants must be born and raised in Saudi Arabia, except for those who grew up with their father while serving the state outside the Kingdom. They should have a good reputation and character, with no criminal convictions.


Pompeo meets with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for talks on Aramco attacks

Updated 7 min 37 sec ago

Pompeo meets with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for talks on Aramco attacks

  • Pompeo described the drone and cruise missile strikes on Saturday as an 'Iranian attack'
  • Pompeo was met at Jeddah airport by Saudi Foreign Minister Ibrahim Al-Assaf. 

JEDDAH: US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo Wednesday described strikes on key Saudi oil installations as an “act of war” as he landed in Jeddah to meet with Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Pompeo described the drone and cruise missile strikes on Saturday as an “Iranian attack”.

He said it had not come from Yemen’s Iran-backed Houthi militants and that there was no evidence the attacks had been launched from Iraq.

"This is an attack of a scale we've just not seen before," he added.

Pompeo was met at Jeddah airport by Saudi Foreign Minister Ibrahim Al-Assaf.

Pompeo's visit comes as President Donald Trump said on Wednesday there were many options short of war with Iran after Saudi Arabia's display of remnants of drones and missiles it said were used in the I that was "unquestionably sponsored" by Tehran.

"There are many options. There's the ultimate option and there are options that are a lot less than that. And we'll see," Trump told reporters in Los Angeles. "I'm saying the ultimate option meaning go in — war."

Trump, who earlier said on Twitter that he had ordered the US Treasury to "substantially increase" sanctions on Iran, told reporters the unspecified, punitive economic measures would be unveiled within 48 hours.

Trump's tweet followed repeated US assertions that the Islamic Republic was behind Saturday's attack on Aramco facilities and came hours after Saudi Arabia said the strike was a "test of global will."

Earlier on Wednesday, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he had spoken with US President Donald Trump about the Aramco attack, and agreed that Iran must not be allowed to acquire a nuclear weapon.

Also on Wednesday, Kuwait's army released a statement announcing it was raising its preparedness level for some units, given the tensions in the Middle East region.