Riyadh: The number of performers registering through the General Entertainment Authority’s Tarfeeh portal saw a significant increase of 300 percent between 2021 and 2023, reaching a total of 9,529 individuals.
Tarfeeh, which means entertainment, is the official website for obtaining licenses for activities and services. Its goal is to support the growth and organization of the entertainment sector, improve infrastructure, and simplify operations for investors and service providers.
Some 48 percent (4,576 performers) of the 9,529 were from Saudi Arabia, with the remaining 52 percent hailing from 100 different countries.
The portal offers registered users the opportunity to engage in four essential areas: entertainment events, recreational activities, restaurant and cafe registration services, and the genre of service providers.
Performers are providing live entertainment in various forms at around 1,457 restaurants and cafes in the Kingdom, with musicians and stand-up comedians being the most popular.
The authority mandates specific conditions to issue permits for live performances in restaurants and cafes. These include providing detailed information about the venue, show content, and a list of performers.
The portal also allows users to submit complaints or inquiries. To access it, visit https://eservices.gea.gov.sa.