‘Arab Idol’ 4 back with a bang this Friday

The fantastic four judges of Arab Idol 4: Hassan El Shafei, Ahlam, Nancy Ajram and Wael Kfoury.
Updated 04 November 2016
0

‘Arab Idol’ 4 back with a bang this Friday

JEDDAH: The Arab world’s most famous reality singing show ‘Arab Idol’ will be back on screens this Friday, Nov. 4, 2016.
The show, aired on MBC channel and in its fourth season, is returning after a gap of over a year and a half.
The fantastic four celebrity judges Nancy Ajram, Ahlam, Hassan El Shafei and Wael Kfoury will coach and encourage participants every week for months on starting this weekend. Ahmed Fahmy will host the show.
The auditions segment of the show was filmed almost a year ago, but due to unforeseen reasons the show’s air date was postponed on multiple occasions.
Special scenes and meetings with the contestants will be filmed on the show’s stage, as well as side meetings and spontaneous scenes with the judges and special guests in the weekly episodes that will uncover secrets and news that may not be known to the viewers. The show’s host, Ahmed Fahmi, will be presenting the Arab Idol Extra episodes that will have an added element of humor and seriousness to harness his experience and charisma as an actor.
The concept involves ten young contestants from all over the Arab world, who are selected after many auditions, and should perform a song on stage in front of the public and the judges every Friday. Viewers then vote for their favorite by SMS in a 24-hour time period. The one who receives the least amount of votes is eliminated during the results show, and this every week, until there is one left. The winner receives various prizes, including but not limited to a recording contract with Platinum Records (recording label affiliated with MBC) for a debut album, and a Chevrolet Corvette.


’Pig’ British tourists to be deported from New Zealand

Updated 16 January 2019
0

’Pig’ British tourists to be deported from New Zealand

  • The family have been involved in a string of incidents in the country, including accusations of littering, assault, not paying for restaurant meals and intimidating behavior
  • "They're worse than pigs and I'd like to see them out of the country," Auckland mayor said

WELLINGTON: Members of a British family have been branded “worse than pigs” and face deportation from New Zealand after a spree of bad behavior that left normally easygoing Kiwis outraged.
The family have been involved in a string of incidents in and around Auckland and Hamilton, including accusations of littering, assault, not paying for restaurant meals and intimidating behavior.
Auckland mayor Phil Goff led national outcry at the tourists’ antics, demanding the police take action. “These guys are trash. They are leeches,” he told a local radio station.
“If you say one time ‘I found a hair or an ant in my meal’ you’d believe it but they find it every meal that they have as a way of evading payment. That’s a criminal activity.
“They’re worse than pigs and I’d like to see them out of the country.”
New Zealand’s assistant general manager of immigration, Peter Devoy, said the family had been issued with a deportation notice on the grounds of “matters relating to character.”
One 26-year-old member of the family on Wednesday pleaded guilty to stealing NZ$55 ($37) worth of goods from a petrol station.
The family attracted extensive media coverage in New Zealand after a video showed them leaving beer boxes, bottles and other rubbish strewn on a popular beach.
When a woman asked them to clean up their litter, a child in the group can be seen on video threatening he would “knock your brains out.”
Stuff Media reported that one family member hit a journalist with her shoe after being approached for comment.
A member of the family told the New Zealand Herald they have now decided to cut short their holiday and will return home this week.
John Johnson insisted his family were of good stock, claimed his grandfather was the “10th richest man in England” and said he was made to feel “very unwelcome” in New Zealand.