LONDON: Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain and Egypt are lodging a complaint to Qatar containing all the issues that caused the current crisis, in the hope that Doha will address those issues, said Saudi Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir.
The four countries are sending a message that Qatar has gone too far and cannot continue its current policies, which include financing terrorism, he said at a press conference at the Saudi Embassy in London.
Al-Jubeir, in the presence of Saudi Ambassador Prince Mohammed bin Nawaf bin Abdul Aziz, said they do not seek to harm the people of Qatar, which is an ally in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain and Egypt had been left with no choice but to take measures against Qatar because it had not honored commitments it made in 2013 and 2014 to stop supporting extremism and terrorism, and to stop interfering and fueling conflicts in other countries, Al-Jubeir said.
Meanwhile, Iran continues to ignite violence by intervening in the affairs of countries in the region such as Syria, Yemen, Bahrain and Iraq, in clear violation of international laws and norms, he added.
Although he called on Tehran to stop its aggressions, interference and support for militias, Al-Jubeir expressed skepticism that it can change its behavior.
He said the Kingdom hosted the recent historic Arab-Islamic-US Summit with the aim of fostering dialogue between Arab and Islamic countries and their Western counterparts.
The Global Center for Combating Terrorism, recently launched by the Kingdom, can within six seconds pick up Internet messages and deal with them immediately, Al-Jubeir said, adding that Riyadh seeks to expand the Center’s capabilities.
GCC countries signed a memorandum of understanding with the US to combat terrorism financing, he said, adding that the aim is to expand the number of participating countries in the agreement.
Al-Jubeir expressed Saudi concern over the humanitarian situation in Yemen, and over the siege imposed by Houthi militias that is causing famine and hindering the arrival of medical and food aid.
Riyadh has allocated $800 million to alleviate suffering in Yemen via the King Salman Center for Relief and Humanitarian Aid, which distributes aid through 81 humanitarian organizations, he said.
A conference hosted by the Kingdom in cooperation with the World Bank allocated more than $10 billion to reconstruction in Yemen, he added.
The Saudi-led Arab military coalition will continue its operations against rebels in Yemen, and work to lift the siege and reach the needy as soon as possible, Al-Jubeir added.
He reiterated the need for a political solution to the Syrian conflict in accordance with the Geneva Declaration and UN Security Council resolution 2254.
The Kingdom, as part of the International Syria Support Group, is working toward such a solution, he added.
Al-Jubeir reiterated the Saudi commitment to fighting Daesh in Syria and throughout the world, whose defeat requires strong global efforts.
The Kingdom is at the forefront of the anti-Daesh coalition in Iraq and Syria, he said, reiterating Saudi support for steps being taken by Baghdad against the terrorist group.
Al-Jubeir welcomed the visit by Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar Al-Abadi to the Kingdom on Monday to discuss bilateral relations and ways to develop them.
Riyadh is coordinating with its international partners to restore stability in Libya and to stop the spread of terrorism in that country and in Africa.