Rihanna's 'Fenty Beauty' arrives in Saudi Arabia

Updated 10 April 2018
0

Rihanna's 'Fenty Beauty' arrives in Saudi Arabia

  • The make-up brand will be available in the Kingdom this month
  • Fenty Beauty was named 2017’s best innovation by Time
Jeddah: Rihanna’s make-up brand is coming to Saudi Arabia this April.
According to the singer’s official Twitter account, Fenty Beauty, named 2017’s best innovation by Time, is coming to the Kingdom on April 19.
The superstar launched Fenty Beauty last Sept. 8 with a promise to make all women feel included; she succeeded by releasing 40 different shades of the Pro Filt’R foundation, dazzling women of all skin tones. By Sept. 17, the brand had hit Middle Eastern markets in Bahrain, Kuwait and the UAE.
The announcement coincides with the star’s launch of the luminizer, Body Lava, which she earlier mentioned has already sold out on her Instagram account.
A Saudi female, Hind or @Pwrfulgurl, responded to the tweet with, “I hope she has a concert here soon!”
Other fans also greeted the news with avid enthusiasm.
Shams AlHarbi @ITAENG, said: “I’m so happy, wish you the best,” and @eti1_ tweeted: “Is this for real or should I get my eyes checked?”
@3lmadina couldn’t believe the news: “Rihanna, is that an #April_Fools, please say no!”

Others received the news with light jabs because of the singer/actress’s relationship with her Saudi boyfriend, Hassan Jameel.
@R67nia tweeted: “She’s coming to visit her in-laws,” and @im_7ano responded with “Hassan Jameel did all the ladies a favor.”
Some tweets hope it is an indicator of a surprise visit, and that Rihanna will come to Saudi Arabia’s capital, Riyadh, for the launch.
So far there has been nothing to support or deny those rumors.
 


Thousands mourn 7 Syrian siblings killed in Canada fire

Updated 8 min 40 sec ago
0

Thousands mourn 7 Syrian siblings killed in Canada fire

  • The Barho family arrived in Canada in 2017, and were among an estimated 40,000 refugees received by the country since 2015
MONTREAL: Around 2,000 mourners attended the funeral on Saturday of seven children from a Syrian refugee family who died earlier this week in a house fire in Halifax, eastern Canada.
Ahmad Barho and siblings Rola, Mohammed, Ola, Hala, Rana and Abdullah — whose ages ranged from four months to 15 years — all perished in the as-yet unexplained blaze at their home on Tuesday.
Their father, Ebraheim Barho, suffered serious burns and remains in a medically induced coma in hospital, according to Canadian media. Their mother, Kawthar Barho, was less seriously injured. She was present at the funeral.
“I’ve attended many funerals but nothing like this, so please bear with me,” said Sheikh Hamza, who spoke at the moving ceremony, struggling to overcome grief.
The Barho family arrived in Canada in 2017, and were among an estimated 40,000 refugees received by the country since 2015.
The funeral, broadcast on several news channels, was carried out according to Muslim tradition.
Due to the number of people attending, it took place not in a mosque but in a cavernous hall on the Halifax waterfront, with all 2,000 seats full and several mourners standing.
“We have all been affected by this tragedy,” said Nova Scotia lieutenant governor Arthur Leblanc.
Member of Parliament Andy Fillmore said authorities were working to bring other members of the Barho family to Canada to support Kawthar Barho.
The tragedy provoked an outpouring of sympathy across Canada, with a fundraiser for the family bringing in nearly half a million Canadian dollars ($380,000) in just a few days.
The seven small white coffins were accompanied by a guard of honor before being transported to a Muslim cemetery near Halifax.