Algeria celebrates National Day

Updated 19 November 2013

Algeria celebrates National Day

The Consulate General of Algeria in Jeddah celebrated the 59th anniversary of the Algerian national sovereignty on Sunday here.
“Today, we will remember the glorious sacrifice made by the Algerian people to gain freedom and independence in order to live in freedom, dignity and glory. We as Algerians and all other Arab brothers shall remember that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was one of the first supporters to the revolution of one million and half martyrs,” said Salah Attia, consul general of Algeria.
He said this anniversary was celebrated amid the process of the comprehensive reforms launched by President Abdelaziz Bouteflika. On the economic level, Algeria was able to eliminate its foreign debts, and supply the State Reserve Fund with $200 billion (SR 750 billion). Algeria has allocated $300 billion (SR 1,125 billion) to finance developmental projects from 2009 to 2014.
“The bilateral relations between Algeria and Saudi Arabia represent a clear evidence of the mutual understanding and appreciation between the leaderships of the two countries. The cooperation has continuously improved under the wise leadership of President Bouteflika and Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah,” he said.
By the end of 2012, Saudi investments in Algeria reached SR3.5 billion in pharmacological, cement, mineral, paper and chemical fields.
A team monitored upgrading the investments between the two countries and addition to preparing a study regarding the possibility of establishing investment partnership in the master farms, to activate bilateral commerce and marine transport.
“We are looking forward to enhancing the bilateral relations to reflect the high level of brotherly relation between the leaderships of the two countries and to achieve the expectations of our people,” Attia added.
Nabil Bukhari, representative of the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Makkah province, members of the consular corps, dignitaries, officials from international and regional organizations, businessmen, journalists and other public figures attended the celebrations.


Saudi Arabia announces 17 more COVID-19 deaths

Updated 27 November 2020

Saudi Arabia announces 17 more COVID-19 deaths

  • The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom has increased to 345,622
  • A total of 5,857 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far

LONDON: Saudi Arabia announced 17 deaths from COVID-19 and 302 new infections on Friday.
Of the new cases, 70 were recorded in Riyadh, 28 in Jeddah, 18 in Yanbu, 17 in Madinah, 14 in Dhahran, 14 in Makkah and 8 in Dammam.
The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom increased to 345,622 after 407 more patients recovered from the virus.
A total of 5,857 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far.