Saudi security expo to be held in Riyadh in November

Updated 26 May 2018

Saudi security expo to be held in Riyadh in November

JEDDAH: The higher organizing committee of the “Saudi National Security & Risk Prevention Expo,” along with Reed Sunaidi Exhibitions supported by Reed Exhibitions Middle East, organized the first workshop in the Meet-Up series to prepare the program of the expo, which will be held in Riyadh from Nov. 4-6.
Participants at the workshop, which was held in Riyadh last Sunday, included government members from the committee and representatives from international and local industry leaders including Thales, Airbus, Huawei, Microsoft and Booz Allen Hamilton. 
They agreed to create a special committee recommending and proposing topics and initiatives to be developed on the sidelines of the planned exhibition, with a special focus on the impact of digital transformation and artificial intelligence in Hajj safety and security and smart and safe cities.
Major General Abdulrahman Al Husayni, Civil Defense’s assistant director-general for safety, said: “As national security represents a top priority for the Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, represented by the Ministry of Interior, actively looks to attract international companies which are interested in investing in potential future projects and provide innovative security solutions to enhance the security sector. The strong interest exhibited by companies in participating in this important event and discussing future projects is a reflection of these efforts.”
Al-Husayni said that the event will see strong attendance by officials from the Ministry of Interior who will participate in the meetings and workshops taking place alongside the exhibition, in addition to the participation of a number of experts, agencies and investors.


Notice setting date for Saudi international flights ‘is bogus’

Updated 12 August 2020

Notice setting date for Saudi international flights ‘is bogus’

  • Aviation chiefs issue official denial after fake circular says passengers can fly to and from Kingdom from October

RIYADH: A fake circular suggesting Saudi Arabia will resume international flights in October has been condemned as “completely baseless and fabricated” by the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA).
Rumors that international flights will shortly return have been circulating on social media in recent weeks without any official statement from GACA.
On Tuesday, the authority denied announcing the resumption of international flights and said information being circulated was fabricated.
Saudi Arabia suspended international flights from March 15 in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Since domestic flights restarted on May 31, rumors have been circulating regarding the return of international flights. On Monday, the bogus GACA circular was shared on various social media platforms suggesting flights into and out of Saudi Arabia would resume in October. It sparked a flurry of speculation.
The circular, titled “No flights till October 2020,” said: “An employee of the GACA has stated in a recent interview that all international flights to and from the Kingdom are to remain suspended till the month of October.” Quoting a GACA official, the circular said that the decision was subject to the number of coronavirus cases, which must “come down to three digits.”
GACA official spokesman Ibrahim bin Abdullah Alrwosa told Arab News the circular “is completely baseless and fabricated.”
He shared a tweet from the authority’s public relations department describing the circular as incorrect.
The civil aviation authority has previously said there is no specific date for the resumption of international flights, he added.
All international flights remain suspended until further notice.
However, exceptions have been made for humanitarian assistance and emergency cases, medical evacuation flights and repatriation of stranded citizens and expatriates wanting to return home.