Saudi man killed in New Zealand mosque attack

Police officers cordon off the area close to the mosque after a gunman filming himself firing at worshippers inside in Christchurch on March 15, 2019. (AFP)
Updated 18 March 2019

Saudi man killed in New Zealand mosque attack

RIYADH: A Saudi citizen has been killed in the terrorist attack on two mosques in New Zealand’s Christchurch.

The family of Mohsin Al-Mozaini said that he died in the terrorist attack on Friday, Al Arabiya reported. 

More on New Zealand attacks: At least 49 killed as gunman livestreams New Zealand mosque ‘terrorist attacks’

Earlier, Saudi Arabia’s embassy in New Zealand said that two Saudi citizens had been injured in the attack. 

The embassy said in a post on its Twitter account that “it expresses its regret and sorrow at the painful terrorist attacks that took place today in the city of Christchurch, and extends its condolences to the families of those who were killed.” It also wished a speedy recovery for the injured.  

The embassy added that staff will visit the injured in hospital and offer to help them. The embassy is also in touch with New Zealand’s authorities regarding the latest developments in their condition. 


Saudi health ministry announces 15 new coronavirus deaths

Updated 26 November 2020

Saudi health ministry announces 15 new coronavirus deaths

  • As many as 428 cases have recovered, bringing the total recoveries to 345,215

RIYADH: The Saudi health ministry recorded 15 new deaths and 322 new COVID-19 cases in the Kingdom on Thursday. 

The new cases bring the total number of confirmed cases in the Kingdom to 356,389 cases, including 5,334 active cases receiving necessary medical care. Of these, there are 699 critical cases, while the health condition of the rest is stable, he said.
As many as 428 cases have recovered, bringing the total recoveries to 345,215. 

The 15 new deaths put the total death toll at 5,840.

On the other hand, 51,831 new laboratory tests were conducted, in the last 24-hour, across Saudi Arabia.