Largest Six Flags theme park in the world to open in Qiddiya

1 / 20
2 / 20
3 / 20
4 / 20
5 / 20
6 / 20
7 / 20
8 / 20
9 / 20
10 / 20
11 / 20
12 / 20
13 / 20
14 / 20
15 / 20
16 / 20
17 / 20
18 / 20
19 / 20
20 / 20
Updated 27 August 2019

Largest Six Flags theme park in the world to open in Qiddiya

  • Five hotels will open in Qiddiya with different themes and price ranges in a broad spectrum to accommodate all guests

QIDDIYA: World-renowned theme park group Six Flags will open its doors in Qiddiya in early 2023.
With 28 attractions, 12 roller coasters and 6 themed areas covering 79 acres of land, it is set to attract up to 15,000 visitors on a daily basis.
It is the largest investment made in a Six Flags park anywhere in the world, but Qiddiya CEO Michael Reininger did not specify the number.  
In a press conference on Monday, the president of Six Flags International, David McKillips, unveiled the park’s initial plans, including sneak peaks at the attractions.
The park, which is inspired by Arabian heritage and culture, is set to open in early 2023. Early construction on the site is already underway.
Of the 12 roller coasters announced, the Falcon’s Flight ride is already drawing attention for being the most “extreme” roller coaster in the world. Inspired by the Arabian falcon, it is expected to be the longest, tallest and fastest roller coaster of its kind.
Ticket prices have not been announced, but there will be day, season and annual passes that will offer price points and different ranges.  
Inspiration from other desert theme parks, including Six Flags Texas, is being used to counter the extreme weather conditions the Qiddiya site may encounter.

FASTFACT

• With 28 attractions, 12 roller coasters and 6 themed areas covering 79 acres of land, the park is set to attract up to 15,000 visitors on a daily basis.

• Of the 12 roller coasters announced, the Falcon’s Flight ride is already drawing attention for being the most ‘extreme’ roller coaster in the world.

“A strategy has been developed to operate 365 days a year, providing shade and using technologies like water misters to make the weather bearable,” said McKillips.
More importantly there are many things to do indoors to escape the heat, as when the evening comes the weather changes dramatically. During the summer months, operating days will be moved later during the day and well into the night, with a combination of strategies to fight the heat.  
As for the economic benefit, Six Flags will generate 800 full-time jobs and will fit into the expected 17,000 jobs which will be provided with the full opening of Qiddiya.
“Saudi Arabia is a terrific place for Six Flags, as two-thirds of the audience is under 35 years old. There is no better market than Riyadh. It’s better to be in the forefront and to have our brand in Saudi Arabia,” said McKillips.
Five hotels will open in Qiddiya with different themes and price ranges in a broad spectrum to accommodate all guests. The brands of the hotels have not been picked yet, as they are still in the middle of the selection process, but sometime before the end of the year the partners will be announced, added Reininger.


Saudi Arabia announces 327 cases of coronavirus

Updated 08 April 2020

Saudi Arabia announces 327 cases of coronavirus

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia announced 327 new cases of coronavirus on Wednesday bringing the total number of cases in the Kingdom to 2,932.
The figure for the number of coronavirus cases recorded on April 7 include the 190 people who were reported as having the virus at midday on Tuesday, and a further 137 people who tested positive after midday.
In total, 631 coronavirus patients have recovered.
There have been 41 deaths from the virus in the Kingdom so far.


Meanwhile, the Saudi Ministry of Health has launched a new app aimed at monitoring the conditions of people suspected of having the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The Tatamman (meaning, rest assured) app will allow individuals who are self-isolating or in quarantine to access up-to-date advice and information on the virus and their health status.
Ministry spokesman, Dr. Mohammed Al-Abd Al-Aly, said: “It (the app) is for those who have the symptoms, or recently returned to Saudi Arabia, those who have been in direct contact with a positive case, as well as those currently under home quarantine as instructed by the ministry.”