Hajj minister hails royal decree on Saudi visas

Muslim pilgrims pray around the holy Kaaba at the Grand Mosque ahead of the annual haj pilgrimage in Makkah Sept. 22, 2015. (Reuters)
Updated 11 September 2019

Hajj minister hails royal decree on Saudi visas

  • The decree canceled repeat Umrah fees
  • The royal decree aims to facilitate the arrival of Muslims to perform Hajj and Umrah

JEDDAH: The Saudi minister for Hajj and Umrah, Dr. Mohammad Salih Bentin, thanked King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for issuing a royal decree canceling repeat Umrah fees.

Bentin said: “The royal decree is part of the leadership’s keenness to facilitate the arrival of Muslims from all over the world to perform Hajj and Umrah.”

He added that the decree reflects the Kingdom’s readiness to receive the increasing number of pilgrims due to huge infrastructure projects and the development of services in Makkah, Madinah and the holy places.

Bentin said the decree supports efforts to achieve one of the most important objectives of the Vision 2030 reform plan, which is to receive 30 million Umrah pilgrims by that year, and to provide them with great services so they can perform their rituals in comfort and tranquility.


Saudi Arabia announces 30 more deaths from COVID-19

Updated 26 September 2020

Saudi Arabia announces 30 more deaths from COVID-19

  • The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom has increased to 316,405
  • A total of 4,655 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far

LONDON: Saudi Arabia announced 30 more deaths from the coronavirus and 461 new cases of the disease on Saturday.
Of the new cases, 49 were recorded in Jeddah, 42 in Makkah, 40 in Madinah, 27 in Riyadh, 29 in Hufof and 21 in Hail.
The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom increased to 316,405 after 769 more patients recovered from the virus.
A total of 4,655 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far.