Bodies of two US kids found in garden of father, who worked as Santa

A police officer blocks off a road near the scene of a fatal shooting of police officers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States, July 17, 2016. (Reuters)
Updated 27 December 2018

Bodies of two US kids found in garden of father, who worked as Santa

  • Elwyn Crocker, 49, and three other family members were arrested and charged with “concealing the death of another and cruelty to children"

WASHINGTON: Police in the southern United States have discovered the bodies of two teenagers buried in the garden of their father, who worked as a Santa Claus in a local supermarket.
Elwyn Crocker, 49, and three other family members were arrested and charged with “concealing the death of another and cruelty to children in the first degree,” according to a statement by the Effingham County sheriff’s office near Savannah, Georgia.
Forensic tests were being carried out on the two bodies, believed to be 14-year-old Mary Crocker and her brother Elwyn Crocker Jr, who would have been 16. Police said further charges could be brought after the identities, as well as the manner and time of death, are confirmed.
Police had visited the Crocker household on December 20 after a neighbor reported that Mary had been missing for weeks and feared for the girl’s safety.
The adults in the house said the girl had gone to live with her mother in South Carolina, but their stories did not match and police decided to search the premises.
They then discovered the two bodies. Mary had not been seen since October 2018 and her brother had been absent since November 2016 when he was 14, according to the police report.
Neither had officially been reported missing.
Local media reports said that the father, Elwyn Crocker, had recently been working as a Father Christmas in a Walmart supermarket.
He was charged along with his wife Candice Crocker, 33, the stepmother of the missing children, and his mother-in-law Kim Wright, 50, as well as her boyfriend, Anthony Prater, 55.


Poland seizes two for plotting Breivik-style attacks on Muslims

Updated 7 min 30 sec ago

Poland seizes two for plotting Breivik-style attacks on Muslims

  • The two suspects were taken into custody on Sunday in the capital Warsaw and the northern city of Szczecin
  • Breivik, an anti-Muslim neo-Nazi, massacred 77 people in Norway’s worst peacetime atrocity in July 2011

WARSAW: Polish agents arrested two people accused of planning attacks against Muslims inspired by Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik and suspected white supremacist Brenton Tarrant in New Zealand, the security service said on Wednesday.
The arrests follow a spate of attacks involving white supremacists targeting ethnic and religious minorities across the globe. Far-right groups have grown in strength in Poland, the largest of the European Union’s post-communist states.
The two suspects were taken into custody on Sunday in the capital Warsaw and the northern city of Szczecin.
“The arrests are the result of information collected earlier by the Internal Security Agency (ABW) about an extremist group whose aim was to intimidate Muslims living in Poland,” the statement said.
“The materials gathered during the investigation show the group modelled itself on terrorist attacks carried out by extremists including Anders Breivik (in 2011 in Norway) and Brenton Tarrant (in 2019 in New Zealand).”
The group intended to carry out attacks using firearms and explosives, the statement said, and during one search of a house in the Warsaw suburb of Wlochy, ABW agents found materials for making large quantities of explosives, guns and ammunition.
Breivik, an anti-Muslim neo-Nazi, massacred 77 people in Norway’s worst peacetime atrocity in July 2011.
Tarrant has been charged with an attack broadcast live on Facebook in 2019 on two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, that killed 51 people and wounded dozens.