World media shown damage at sites of Aramco attack

World media shown damage at sites of Aramco attack
1 / 4
Journalists from local and international media organizations on Friday inspected Aramco oil facilities in Khurais and Abqaiq that were hit by attacks on Sept. 14. (SPA)
World media shown damage at sites of Aramco attack
2 / 4
Journalists from local and international media organizations on Friday inspected Aramco oil facilities in Khurais and Abqaiq that were hit by attacks on Sept. 14. (SPA)
World media shown damage at sites of Aramco attack
3 / 4
Journalists from local and international media organizations on Friday inspected Aramco oil facilities in Khurais and Abqaiq that were hit by attacks on Sept. 14. (SPA)
World media shown damage at sites of Aramco attack
4 / 4
Journalists from local and international media organizations on Friday inspected Aramco oil facilities in Khurais and Abqaiq that were hit by attacks on Sept. 14. (SPA)
Updated 20 September 2019

World media shown damage at sites of Aramco attack

World media shown damage at sites of Aramco attack
  • Aramco is shipping equipment from the US and Europe to rebuild the damaged facilities
  • Al-Jubeir said attacks were an “extension of the Iranian regime’s hostile and outlawed behavior”

RIYADH: Journalists from local and international media organizations on Friday inspected Aramco oil facilities in Khurais and Abqaiq that were hit by attacks on Sept. 14.
At Khurais, cranes had been erected around two burnt-out stabilization columns, which form part of oil-gas separation units, and melted pipes.
“We are confident we are going back to the full production we were at before the attack (on Khurais) by the end of September,” Fahad Abdulkarim, Aramco’s general manager for the southern area oil operation, told reporters.
“We are working 24/7 ... this is a beehive.”
Aramco is shipping equipment from the US and Europe to rebuild the damaged facilities, Abdulkarim added.
Saudi Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel Al-Jubeir said on Thursday the attacks were an “extension of the Iranian regime’s hostile and outlawed behavior.”
Iran has denied involvement in the attack.
Responsibility was claimed by Yemen’s Houthis who are backed by Iran.
(With agencies)


Saudi Arabia confirms 6 COVID-19 deaths, 170 new cases

Saudi Arabia confirms 6 COVID-19 deaths, 170 new cases
Updated 36 min 25 sec ago

Saudi Arabia confirms 6 COVID-19 deaths, 170 new cases

Saudi Arabia confirms 6 COVID-19 deaths, 170 new cases
  • The Kingdom said 161 patients recovered in past 24 hours
  • The highest number of cases were recorded in Riyadh with 67

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia recorded six new COVID-19 related deaths on Monday, raising the total number of fatalities to 6,329.
The Ministry of Health confirmed 170 new confirmed cases reported in the Kingdom in the previous 24 hours, meaning 365,099 people have now contracted the disease.
Of the total number of cases, 1,922 remain active and 317 in critical condition.

According to the ministry, the highest number of cases were recorded in the capital Riyadh with 67, followed by Makkah with 38, the Eastern Province with 25, Madinah recorded 22 and Hail confirmed five cases.
The ministry also announced that 161 patients had recovered from COVID-19, bringing the total number of recoveries in the Kingdom to 356,848.
The ministry renewed its call on the public to adhere to the measures and abide by instructions.
The coronavirus pandemic has affected over 95 million people globally and the death toll has exceeded 2 million.