Saudi Human Resources Development Fund gives $122 million to support job schemes

Hadaf said that the number of the Hafiz unemployment scheme beneficiaries reached 154,742. (SPA)
Updated 07 October 2019

Saudi Human Resources Development Fund gives $122 million to support job schemes

  • Hadaf said that the number of the Hafiz unemployment scheme beneficiaries reached 154,742

RIYADH: The Saudi Human Resources Development Fund (Hadaf) has deposited more than SR457 million ($122 million) for September in the bank accounts of more than 299,000 beneficiaries registered with the Hafiz unemployment and difficulty schemes, the Saudi Press Agency reported.

Hadaf said that the number of the Hafiz unemployment scheme beneficiaries reached 154,742, while the number of the difficulty scheme beneficiaries stood at 144,746.

A total of 3,658 job seekers — 2,223 women and 1,435 men — were offered job opportunities in the private sector in September through the two Hafiz schemes.

The Kingdom is working hard to reduce national unemployment figures and to find suitable and productive jobs for Saudis.

Hadaf provides preparation and training support programs to the beneficiaries of the Hafiz schemes to develop their skills and capacities. This is in line with Hadaf’s objectives and mission to enable Saudi talents to join the labor market and participate in national development.

In support of the preparation and training of the local labor force (including both genders), Hadaf launched programs that support Saudization. It is also keen on holding meetings in cooperation with the private sector across the Kingdom. The goal is to support the employment of Saudi talents in productive, motivating and stable work environments.


King Salman urges Iran to junk its expansionist ideology

Updated 21 November 2019

King Salman urges Iran to junk its expansionist ideology

  • Saudi Arabia has suffered from the policies and practices of the Iranian regime and its proxies, king says
  • Kingdom also welcomed US decision to return Iran's Fordow nuclear facility to its sanctions list

RIYADH: Iran should abandon its expansionist ideology that has only “harmed” its own people, Saudi Arabia's King Salman said on Wednesday, following violent street protests in the Islamic republic.

A wave of demonstrations erupted in the sanctions-hit country on Friday after an announcement that petrol prices would be raised by as much as 200 percent with immediate effect.

“We hope the Iranian regime chooses the side of wisdom and realizes there is no way to overcome the international position that rejects its practices, without abandoning its expansionist and destructive thinking that has harmed its own people,” the king told the consultative Shoura Council.

“The kingdom has suffered from the policies and practices of the Iranian regime and its proxies,” King Salman said, quoted by the foreign ministry, reiterating that Riyadh does not seek war but is “ready to defend its people.”

A satellite image from Sept. 15, 2017, of the Fordow nuclear facility in Iran. (Google Earth)

Saudi Arabia has welcomed Washington's decision to return the Fordow nuclear facility in Iran to the sanctions list. 

Washington said on Monday that it will no longer waive sanctions related to Iran’s Fordow nuclear plant after Tehran resumed uranium enrichment at the underground site. 

“The right amount of uranium enrichment for the world’s largest state sponsor of terror is zero ... There is no legitimate reason for Iran to resume enrichment at this previously clandestine site,” US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told reporters earlier this week.