Saudi Arabia calls for steps to combat N-terror

Riyadh is keen on ensuring that nuclear security will be one of the main elements of its national peaceful nuclear energy program. (SPA)
Short Url
Updated 11 February 2020

Saudi Arabia calls for steps to combat N-terror

  • Riyadh expresses confidence in China’s ability to fight virus

RIYADH: The Cabinet on Tuesday called on the international community to reinforce all measures aimed at combating nuclear terrorism.

The meeting, which was chaired by King Salman in Riyadh, made this call in view of regional tensions and the rise of armed terrorist groups.
Media Minister Turki Al-Shabanah, in a statement issued to the Saudi Press Agency, said the minister reviewed Arab, regional and international developments underscoring the Kingdom’s firm stance on efforts aimed at achieving global security and stability.
Saudi Arabia had during its recent participation at the International Conference on Nuclear Security in Vienna underlined its support for international resolutions related to nuclear terrorism.
Riyadh is keen on ensuring that nuclear security will be one of the main elements of its national peaceful nuclear energy program.
The Cabinet expressed its confidence in China’s ability to deal with the new coronavirus outbreak.

HIGHLIGHTS

• The Cabinet approved the Kingdom’s accession to the framework agreement for the establishment of the International Solar Energy Alliance.

• The ministers welcomed the declaration of Riyadh as the ‘Capital of Arab Women 2020.’

King Salman had voiced this stance during a telephone call with Chinese President Xi Jinping last week.
He had ordered the King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSRelief) to provide urgent aid to Beijing to address the crisis.
The Cabinet praised King Salman for his gesture, saying it reflects the solid bilateral relations enjoyed between Saudi Arabia and China.
The ministers welcomed the declaration of Riyadh as the “Capital of Arab Women 2020.”
The Cabinet approved the Kingdom’s accession to the framework agreement for the establishment of the International Solar Energy Alliance.
The ministers also reviewed the preparations for the 47th session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and appreciated Kingdom’s continuous support to the OIC.


Saudi foreign minister calls for ‘transparent and independent’ Beirut explosion investigation

Updated 09 August 2020

Saudi foreign minister calls for ‘transparent and independent’ Beirut explosion investigation

  • Prince Faisal bin Farhan told an emergency donors conference that Saudi Arabia stands with Lebanon
  • Minister condemns 'destructive hegemony' of Hezbollah, which has history of storing explosive materials among civilians

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia called for a transparent and independent investigation into the Beirut explosion, the Kingdom’s foreign minister said on Sunday.
Prince Faisal bin Farhan told an emergency donors conference that Saudi Arabia stands with Lebanon. He described the explosion that killed more than 150 people as “horrific.”

Prince Faisal said strong state institutions that work for the interests of the Lebanese people are vital to the reform required to guarantee Lebanon's political and economic future.
“The continued destructive hegemony of the terrorist organization Hezbollah worries us all, and we all know this organization’s history of using explosive materials and storing them among civilians in several Arab and European countries and in north and south America.”
“Lebanon is in dire need of comprehensive and urgent political and economic reform to ensure that this terrible disaster will not occur again,” he said.

He added that four planes carrying Saudi aid have arrived in Beirut.
The King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSRelief) has provided 290 tons of medical equipment, food supplies and housing materials.

The conference was hosted by French President Emmanuel Macron.