Saudi aid agency distributes food baskets in Yemen

The center also distributed 3,250 cartons of dates for displaced and needy people in Al-Hussein district of Yemen’s Al-Dhale governorate. (SPA)
Short Url
Updated 15 May 2020

Saudi aid agency distributes food baskets in Yemen

The King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSRelief) distributed 300 food baskets benefiting 1,800 people in need in the town of Hadiboh in Yemen’s Socotra governorate.

The center also distributed, in cooperation with the Benevolence Coalition for Humanitarian Relief, 600 food baskets to families in need in the city of Ataq in Yemen’s Shabwah governorate.

The center also distributed 3,250 cartons of dates for displaced and needy people in Al-Hussein district of Yemen’s Al-Dhale governorate. This aid comes within the project of distributing 3,000 tons of dates to Yemenis. SPA Hadiboh

In Somalia, KSRelief continued providing urgent response and relief assistance for people affected by floods in the state of Galmudug.

Five-hundred food baskets have been distributed, benefiting 3,000 individuals. KSRelief has allocated 3,000 food baskets to be distributed to affected people.

In Sudan, the center distributed 400 Ramadan food baskets in South Kordofan province, benefiting 2,400 people.

This distribution is part of a project to distribute 38,211 food baskets in Sudan during the holy month.


British ambassador to Saudi Arabia condemns Houthi drone attack targeting the Kingdom

Updated 28 May 2020

British ambassador to Saudi Arabia condemns Houthi drone attack targeting the Kingdom

  • Neil Crompton denounced the attack that aimed for “civilian targets,” and said the Houthis “must cease such attacks”
  • The Arab coalition intercepted the drones launched across the border from Yemen on Wednesday

LONDON: Britain’s ambassador to Saudi Arabia condemned the Houthis for launching drones toward the Saudi city of Najran.
The Arab coalition intercepted the drones launched across the border from Yemen on Wednesday.
Neil Crompton denounced the attack that aimed for “civilian targets,” and said the Houthis “must cease such attacks.”
“If the Houthis want to show they are serious about peace, they must cease such attacks and agree to Griffiths’ proposals,” the ambassador said Thursday, referring to a roadmap set out by the UN envoy to Yemen Martin Griffiths.
On Wednesday, Arab coalition spokesman Col. Turki Al-Maliki said the Houthi militia continued to violate international humanitarian law by launching drones and deliberately targeting civilians and residential areas, threatening the lives of hundreds of civilians.
He also said the Houthis have violated a cease-fire that was announced last month 4,455 times so far.
Meanwhile, Yemen’s Information Minister Moammar Al-Eryani warned against Houthi recruitment of African refugees and illegal immigrants to fight against the legitimate government in the country.
He said that African refugees and illegal immigrants were being tortured and forced to fight in Houthi ranks, smuggle drugs and carry out espionage tasks.