Saudi Investment Company, a developer, owner and operator of shopping malls in Saudi Arabia, recently signed an agreement with Muvi Cinemas, a homegrown cinema brand, to open a cinema complex at one of its malls, the Quwaieyah Mall, in Al-Quwayiyah city, Riyadh region. The state-of-the-art five-screen cinema, accommodating 650 moviegoers, will open in the summer of 2022.
Managing Director of SICO Sultan Fahad Al-Shathri said: “We are delighted to announce our plan to open a cinema complex in Quwaieyah Mall. This will strengthen our position as the market maker in providing special cinematic experiences to our patrons, enhancing their overall experience at our unique shopping mall.”
He added: “Taking a bold call in going to type B or C cities, our endeavor is to facilitate modern retailing and entertainment experience and boost engagement with the local population for employment/ business.”
CEO of Muvi Cinemas Sultan Fawaz Abdulaziz Al-Hokair said: “At Muvi, we believe people should experience movies and not just watch them, that’s why we brought you the best technology available, coupled with luxury and fun features for the entire family to enjoy.”
Muvi Cinemas is the first homegrown cinema brand in Saudi Arabia owned and operated by Muvi Cinemas Company. Muvi has an aggressive expansion plan over the next few months — by the end of 2021, the company plans to open an additional nine screens to have a total of 21 sites in eight different cities with a total of 209 screens, offering customers a vast range of unique experiences.
Al-Quwayiyah governorate is among one of the fastest developing regions, with a rapidly increasing population. Located prominently along the highway connecting Taif, Jeddah and Makkah, this governorate currently has 23 million square meters of new developments, undertaken by various ministries (approximately 60 percent are fully developed and the remaining 40 percent, including a new university, are expected to be ready in the next three years).
There are nearly 175,000 people residing in Al-Quwayiyah city and another 120,000 more people residing in nearby villages. Government support and promising living conditions are significantly helping local society at large.
Currently, Quwaieyah Mall is serving the needs of the city population, registering an increase in footfall month-after-month. The mall has been developed over a 70,000-square-meter area, having an outdoor parking space for nearly 800 vehicles. Currently, big brands such as Panda and Redtag are operating in the mall while the popular kid’s entertainment outlet Sparky’s is about to start their operations in November.