Saudi crown prince accuses Iran of direct military aggression

Saudi crown prince accuses Iran of direct military aggression
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. (SPA)
Updated 07 November 2017

Saudi crown prince accuses Iran of direct military aggression

Saudi crown prince accuses Iran of direct military aggression

JEDDAH: Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman accused Iranian regime of direct military aggression against Saudi Arabia by supplying its Houthi militias with missiles, Saudi Press Agency reported.
“The involvement of the Iranian regime in supplying its Houthi militias with missiles is considered a direct military aggression by the Iranian regime and may be considered an act of war against the Kingdom,” the crown prince was quoted as saying during a telephone conversation with British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson.
During the conversation, Johnson expressed his condemnation of the Iranian-allied Houthis launching a ballistic missile on Riyadh and denounced the deliberate targeting of civilians.
The Saudi-led Arab coalition said in a statement on Monday that the ballistic missiles being fired by Houthis from Yemen toward Saudi Arabia, including the one intercepted over Riyadh on Saturday night, were manufactured in Iran.
Saudi Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir also said that Saudi Arabia reserves the right to respond to hostile acts against it by Iran.
Johnson affirmed his country’s stand with the Kingdom in confronting security threats.
The two leaders also reviewed regional and international developments.


Saudi Arabia announces 5 more COVID-19 deaths

Saudi Arabia announces 5 more COVID-19 deaths
Updated 36 min 34 sec ago

Saudi Arabia announces 5 more COVID-19 deaths

Saudi Arabia announces 5 more COVID-19 deaths
  • The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom has increased to 356,687
  • A total of 6,323 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far

LONDON: Saudi Arabia announced 5 deaths from COVID-19 and 176 new infections on Sunday.
Of the new cases, 62 were recorded in Riyadh, 34 in Makkah, 32 in the Eastern Province,12 in Madinah, 7 in Asir, 5 in Najran and 1 in Jazan.
The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom increased to 356,687 after 146 more patients recovered from the virus.
A total of 6,323 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far.