FaceOf: John Pagano, CEO of the Red Sea Development Co.

John Pagano
Updated 24 January 2019

FaceOf: John Pagano, CEO of the Red Sea Development Co.

  • Pagano has more than 35 years’ international experience in the commercial property industry in Europe, North America and the Caribbean
  • He holds a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Toronto, Canada

John Pagano has been CEO of the Red Sea Development Co. (TRSDC), one of three megaprojects aimed at diversifying the Saudi economy in line with Vision 2030, since January 2018. 

The Red Sea development announced in July 2017 is one of the world’s most ambitious luxury tourism and hospitality projects. 

Pagano has more than 35 years’ international experience in the commercial property industry in Europe, North America and the Caribbean. 

Before joining TRSDC, he headed his own company, Old Fort Capital Investments, based in London. The firm offered strategic advice and services to landowners, investors and developers with a focus on large real estate developments.

Previously, he held leading positions at the Canary Wharf development in London, where he worked from 1988 to 2005 and 2011 to 2015.

Pagano was also president of the Baha Mar Development Company, based in the Bahamas, for four years.

He holds a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Toronto, Canada.

TRSDC recently received final approval from its board for a master plan drawn up in partnership with global design firm WATG and engineering giant BuroHappold.

“With the master plan approved, we are now identifying investors and partners who are interested in working with us on realizing the objectives of the project and who share our commitment to enhance, not exploit, the natural ecosystems that make the destination so unique,” Pagano said.


OIC, Arab Parliament condemn latest Houthi drone attack toward Saudi Arabia

OIC Secretary-General Yousef bin Ahmed Al-Othaimeen. (AFP)
Updated 07 August 2020

OIC, Arab Parliament condemn latest Houthi drone attack toward Saudi Arabia

  • The attacks posed a threat to regional and international security and undermined political efforts to make the Stockholm Agreement succeed

RIYADH: The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) on Friday condemned a Houthi drone attack targeted toward Saudi Arabia.

The Saudi-backed Arab coalition forces supporting the legitimate government in Yemen intercepted and shot down a bomb-laden unmanned aerial vehicle launched by the Iranian-backed militia group on Thursday.

OIC Secretary-General Dr. Yousef Al-Othaimeen called for the full implementation of the Stockholm Agreement while condemning the Houthis’ continued use of Hodeidah governorate as a staging point for the launch of terrorist operations involving ballistic missiles and drones.

He said the attacks posed a threat to regional and international security and undermined political efforts to make the Stockholm Agreement succeed.

Meanwhile, the chairman of the Arab Parliament, Dr. Mishaal bin Fahm Al-Salami, urged the international community to take a decisive stance against the Iranian regime which, he said, intentionally contravened UN Security Council resolutions by providing the Houthis with weapons and advanced military technology to target neighboring countries.