Saudi ambassador to Germany says all options on the table against Iran

Saudi Arabia’s ambassador to Germany has said that all options are being considered in retaliation to attacks on the Aramco facilities. (File/AFP)
Updated 19 September 2019

Saudi ambassador to Germany says all options on the table against Iran

  • Ambassador says the drones were definitely from Iran because they built them
  • Military action has not been ruled out, says ambassador

BERLIN: The Saudi ambassador to Germany said on Thursday all options were on the table in retaliation to attacks on Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities over the weekend that the kingdom has blamed on Iran.
Asked about the possibility of a military strike against Iran, he said: “Of course everything is on the table but you have to discuss that well,” Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al-Saud told Germany’s Deutschlandfunk radio.
“We’re still working on where they were launched from but wherever they came from, Iran is certainly behind them as Iran built them and they could only be launched with Iranian help,” he said.
Saudi Arabia displayed on Wednesday remnants of what it described as Iranian drones and cruise missiles used in an attack on the Saudi oil facilities, saying they were “undeniable” evidence of Iranian aggression.

Meanwhile, China whose top oil supplier is Saudi Arabia, said they are hoping for an “objective” investigation to the attacks.

“We hope the incident can get a comprehensive, objective and public investigation," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang told a daily news briefing in Beijing.

“We once again call on relevant parties to avoid taking actions that lead to an increase in regional tensions, and to jointly safeguard regional peace and stability,” he added.

The European Union also expressed how Iran is violating conventions on human rights in light of the issue.


Saudi’s Qassim prepares over 200 mosques for Friday prayers

Updated 04 June 2020

Saudi’s Qassim prepares over 200 mosques for Friday prayers

  • Volunteers will help worshipers disperse between mosques
  • The first call to prayer will be announced 20 minutes earlier

DUBAI: Islamic authority in Qassim region have approved 205 mosques to perform Friday prayers according to new regulations, state news agency SPA reported.

The first call to prayer will be announced 20 minutes earlier, and khutbas – religious address delivered by the imam – to last at maximum for 15 minutes.

Also, volunteers will help worshipers disperse between mosques.

Mosques across the Kingdom, except for those in Makkah, have opened their doors to worshippers on Sunday, May 31, as coronavirus restrictions ease.

Last week, Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Islamic Affairs Sheikh Abdullatif Al-Sheikh called on Muslims to respect ongoing safety measures inside mosques, such as bringing their own prayer mats, wearing masks and washing hands prior to entering the vicinities.

Al-Asheikh said preventative measures will remain in place to ensure a safe return of worshipers to mosques for Friday prayers from May 31 until June 20.