Turki Al-Jawini, director general of the Saudi Human Resources Development Fund

Turki Al-Jawini
Updated 04 November 2019

Turki Al-Jawini, director general of the Saudi Human Resources Development Fund

  • In 2001, he began work with the Saudi Arabian British Bank (SABB), and served as regional branch director from 2006 to 2008

Turki Al-Jawini has been appointed director general of the  Saudi Human Resources Development Fund (Hadaf).
The Hadaf, headed by Minister of Labor and Social Development Ahmed bin Suleiman Al-Rajhi, announced Al-Jawini’s appointment on Sunday.
Al-Jawini thanked Al-Rajhi and board members for their trust, and said he is looking forward to achieving the goals of the fund’s initiatives and projects. The fund is working on programs to empower and employ national human cadres, in partnership with the private and public sectors.
Al-Jawini graduated with a bachelor’s degree in management information systems from Clarion University in Pennsylvania, US.
In 2001, he began work with the Saudi Arabian British Bank (SABB), and served as regional branch director from 2006 to 2008. He then worked in the investment field.
In 2009, Al-Jawini worked in the aviation field and was appointed to positions in the National Air Services (NAS Holding). In 2013, he was promoted to head of commercial section of Nasjet, the private business-jet unit of the NAS Holding.
In January 2016, he was appointed as an adviser in the airports’ sector at the General Authority of Civil Aviation.
In March, Al-Jawini was appointed as director general of King Fahd International Airport in Dammam, where he led the airport’s privatization program and launched Dammam Airports Company (DACO) in July 2017.
He later became the company’s CEO and helped implement developmental projects at King Fahd International Airport.


Oman, UAE praise Saudi Arabia for reaching a deal between Yemeni parties

Updated 38 min ago

Oman, UAE praise Saudi Arabia for reaching a deal between Yemeni parties

  • Gulf countries praise Saudi Arabia’s role in brokering the Riyadh Agreement.
  • The deal ends a feud between the government and the STC and refocuses efforts on fighting the Houthi militia

RIYADH: Oman welcomed on Tuesday Saudi Arabia’s efforts in bringing together the Yemeni government and southern separatists to sign a power sharing agreement. 
The two parties signed the Saudi-brokered deal in Riyadh last week to end a power struggle in the country’s south. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman hailed the agreement as a step toward a wider political solution to the Yemen conflict.
Oman’s foreign ministry said it “hopes the agreement will pave the way for a comprehensive settlement in Yemen.”
Saudi Arabia’s Deputy Defense Minister, Prince Khalid bin Salman, visited Oman on Monday and met Sultan Qaboos bin Said.
The UAE Cabinet also welcomed on Tuesday the signing of the agreement and expressed confidence that it will establish a “new era of unified and effective work to meet the aspirations of the Yemeni people.”
“The Cabinet affirmed the UAE’s support for all efforts exerted by Saudi Arabia, through its leadership of the Arab Coalition, in order to stabilize Yemen and allow it to regain it role in the region,” the state WAM news agency reported.
The new arrangement calls for an equal number of ministries between the Southern Transitional Council (STC) and the government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.
The Kuwaiti Cabinet also welcomed the Riyadh Agreement on Monday and thanked Saudi Arabia for its efforts.
Yemen’s government was forced to flee the capital Sanaa when Houthi militants and their allies seized the city in 2014. 
The government and the STC are part of a military coalition against the Iran-backed Houthis, which also includes Saudi Arabia and the UAE.