Two patients with coronavirus in UAE have recovered: Health ministry

1 / 2
The Consul-General of China to the UAE, Li Xuhang, and Dr. Fatima Al-Attar, head of international health regulations at the health ministry, congratulate the patient on his recovery. (WAM)
2 / 2
A scanning and transmission electron microscope image of coronavirus released by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases' (NIAID) Rocky Mountains Laboratories (RML). (NIAID-RML)
Short Url
Updated 15 February 2020

Two patients with coronavirus in UAE have recovered: Health ministry

  • Last week, the ministry announced that Liu Yujia, a 73-year-old woman from China, had recovered fully from the disease
  • The remaining five people with coronavirus are being monitored continuously and one of them is in intensive care

DUBAI: Two patients who were admitted into hospital suffering from coronavirus in the UAE have recovered, the Ministry of Health and Prevention said on Friday.
This brings the number of people who have recovered from the virus to three out of a total of eight recorded cases.
Last week, the ministry announced that Liu Yujia, a 73-year-old woman from China, had recovered fully from the disease.
The two patients whose recovery was announced today, a 41-year old man and his eight-year-old son, were also Chinese citizens.


The Consul-General of China to the UAE, Li Xuhang, and Dr. Fatima Al-Attar, head of international health regulations at the health ministry, visited the father and son to congratulate them on their complete recovery.
The Chinese nationals expressed their thanks and appreciation to the UAE leadership for the care and medical attention they received.
The consul-general said that the UAE had shown true solidarity with China and lauded the country's advanced health care systems that resulted in the full recovery of the patients.
“We deliver a message of love from the people of the UAE to the friendly Chinese people and emphasize our solidarity with them in facing this disease,” Al-Attar said.
The remaining five people with coronavirus are being monitored continuously and one of them is in intensive care.


Lebanon ex-PM Hariri assassination tribunal to announce verdict Aug. 7

Updated 38 sec ago

Lebanon ex-PM Hariri assassination tribunal to announce verdict Aug. 7

THE HAGUE: A UN-backed tribunal into the assassination of former Lebanese prime minister Rafiq Hariri in a huge car bombing in 2005 will deliver its long-awaited verdict on August 7, the court announced on Friday.
The Netherlands-based court "issued a scheduling order today for the public pronouncement of the judgment" in the case against four Hezbollah suspects, who are being tried in absentia, it said in a statement.