LOS ANGELES: American blues legend B.B. King said Friday he was being treated under hospice care at home in Las Vegas, in the latest health scare for the 89 year old.
“Thanks to all for your well wishes and prayers,” he said in a message on his website, after the TMZ celebrity news website reported he had suffered a minor heart attack.
TMZ, which published a photo of the musician looking frail and hooked up to medical equipment, said there is a dispute over his care between his daughter and long-time manager.
His daughter Patty King believes King is being abused and called police Thursday to resolve a row over whether he needed to be hospitalized, according to TMZ.
King’s manager Laverne Toney, who has power of attorney over the legendary artist, refused, leading his daughter to call police. Officers called paramedics, who agreed he needed to be checked out.
He was briefly treated in hospital, when the TMZ photo was taken, it said, adding that his daughter claimed he had suffered a minor heart attack.
King has lived with Type II diabetes for more than 20 years. In October, he was taken ill during a show. He was diagnosed with dehydration and exhaustion and canceled the rest of his tour. Earlier this month he was hospitalized overnight for dehydration stemming from the diabetes, according to The Los Angeles Times.
Blues legend B.B. King in new health scare
Blues legend B.B. King in new health scare










