NBA ousts Rockets forward House after bubble violation

Houston Rockets forward Danuel House Jr. shoots a three point basket against the Los Angeles Lakers during the first half at Staples Center in Los Angeles on February 6, 2020. (Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports/File Photo)
Short Url
Updated 12 September 2020

NBA ousts Rockets forward House after bubble violation

  • House was found to have violated coronavirus prevention rules by having an unauthorized guest in his hotel room

NEW YORK: Houston Rockets forward Danuel House will miss the remainder of the NBA playoffs after a violation of COVID-19 quarantine rules, the league announced Friday.
The NBA season, shut down March 11 by the coronavirus pandemic, resumed in July in a bubble atmosphere under strict health and safety rules at Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
The league conducted an investigation into House’s actions and found he had violated rules by having an unauthorized guest in his hotel room.
“The NBA has concluded its investigation of a recent violation of campus health and safety protocols,” the league said in a statement.
“The findings are that (I) Houston Rockets forward Danuel House had a guest in his hotel room over multiple hours on September 8 who was not authorized to be on campus and (II) no evidence was found that other players or staff had contact with the guest or were involved in this incident.”
The statement said House would leave the NBA campus and not play again for the Rockets this season.
The remainder of the Rockets might soon follow House out of the bubble.
Houston trails the Los Angeles Lakers 3-1 in their best-of-seven Western Conference semifinal series with game five on Saturday.
In nine playoff appearances, House averaged 11.4 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists a game.

 

 

 


Racing in the streets: Jeddah to host first Saudi F1 Grand Prix

Updated 29 October 2020

Racing in the streets: Jeddah to host first Saudi F1 Grand Prix

  • Kingdom’s inaugural race to take place in city while purpose-built track at Qiddiyah is being completed

JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia’s inaugural Formula 1 Grand Prix next year will take place on the city streets of Jeddah.
The Saudi Grand Prix appears on the provisional F1 calendar for 2021 that has been distributed to race teams. It is expected to be the penultimate race of the 2021 season, which will conclude
with the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at the Yas Marina circuit.
Jeddah will host the Saudi race while a new purpose-built track at Qiddiyah is completed, which is expected to be in 2023.
It is one of 22 races on a provisional 2021 schedule as F1 plans to return to a calendar as close to normal as possible after this year’s disruption. The first 10 races of the 2020 season were either postponed or cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.

HIGHLIGHT

The Saudi Grand Prix is one of 22 races on a provisional 2021 schedule as F1 plans to return to a calendar as close to normal as possible after this year’s

The 2021 season will begin in Melbourne, Australia in mid-March and then goes on to Bahrain. It includes nearly all the races that had been due to be held this year.
That means a return for grands prix in China, Japan and Canada, which had to be cancelled because of the disruptions to international travel caused by COVID-19, as well as the debut of the Vietnamese Grand Prix.
F1 has been in conversations with the relevant national governments and all are said to be in agreement the races can take place, unless the pandemic worsens.
In 2018, Riyadh hosted the first Formula E championship in the Middle East in Diriyah with 23,000 in attendance. The second Formula E championship was held in late 2019.
This year, Saudi Arabia held its first Dakar Rally, a 7,800km race that began in Jeddah and finished in Qiddiyah.