RIYADH: Saudi Arabia’s stock exchange fell for a second consecutive day on Monday as cautious trading took over, and investors braced for more earnings announcements.
The main index TASI closed 0.6 percent lower at 12,068 points, partially shrugging off gains from the past two weeks. The parallel Nomu market slipped 0.5 percent to 25,573 points.
This was in line with other GCC stock exchanges, which were all down except for the Qatari bourse which saw a 0.3 percent rise in its QSI index.
Dubai’s DFMGI led the fallers as it registered losses amounting to 2 percent.
Bourses of Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Oman, and Kuwait all edged down from 0.1 to 0.5 percent.
The Egyptian EGX30 index retreated 0.3 percent.
In energy trading, Brent crude oil reached $86.9 per barrel, and US benchmark WTI crude oil was at $83.8 per barrel as of 8:46 a.m. Saudi time.
- Riyadh-based Saudi Public Transport Co., also known as SAPTCO, sealed a SR57.5 million ($15 million) public transport deal with the authority of Saudi Arabia’s Madinah Region
- Car rental firm Theeb Rent a Car has closed a SR27 million leasing agreement for four years with the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development
- Saudi petrochemical firm SABIC Agri-Nutrients has completed a SR1.2 billion partial acquisition in Dubai-based ETG Inputs Holdco LTD
- Alandalus Property Co. has completed 70 percent of Al Jawharah Al Kubra project in Jeddah
- Al Rajhi Capital, manager of Al Rajhi REIT Fund, has completed the extension of the limit on Shariah-compliant facilities granted to the fund by an amount of SR600 million
- BinDawood Holding Co. is working with its legal advisor to compensate for the damages suffered because of the lawsuit filed against subsidiary Danube Co. for Foodstuffs and Commodities
Jan. 25, 2022
End of East Pipes Integrated Co.’s initial public offering subscription
Saudia Dairy and Foodstuff Co., SADAFCO, to pay cash dividends at SR3 per share for the first half of its fiscal year
Jan. 27, 2022
End of Gas Arabian Services’ IPO book-building
End of Scientific and Medical Equipment House’s IPO book-building
Jan. 28, 2022
End of Elm Co.’s IPO book-building