LOS ANGELES: Joseph Gordon-Levitt has big expectations for the impact of “Snowden.”
The 34-year-old actor wrapped filming earlier this month on the Oliver Stone thriller about former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden, whose 2013 leaks to the media revealed the government’s bulk collection of American calling records. Congress is set for an unusual weekend session to debate the records collection and two other surveillance laws. “The laws are all in flux. ... I’m really curious what’s going to happen. And I love the idea that we made the movie when we did so that it can participate in that conversation,” Gordon-Levitt said in an interview. He noted a May 7 federal appeals court ruling that the NSA’s actions were illegal.
“Hopefully, there will probably be a Supreme Court case about it at some point soon. And while the Supreme Court judges aren’t supposed to really listen to popular opinion, they do,” Gordon-Levitt said.
Big expectations for impact of ‘Snowden’
Big expectations for impact of ‘Snowden’










