WHO says man with coronavirus in Egypt is recovering, no longer a carrier

John Jabbour, the WHO's representatine in Egypt, speaks during a press briefing at the World Health Organisation's regional office in the Egyptian capital Cairo on February 19, 2020, following the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus. (AFP)
Short Url
Updated 19 February 2020

WHO says man with coronavirus in Egypt is recovering, no longer a carrier

GENEVA: The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Wednesday that the person previously confirmed to have the COVID-19 coronavirus in Egypt is on his way to recovery, after latest tests showed he was “no longer carrying the virus.”
“He will remain in quarantine until the full 14-day period is over and will be undergoing further required tests to ensure he was fully recovered,” WHO spokeswoman Inas Hamam said in an email.
Egypt confirmed the case, its first, last week. It remains the only known instance of the new coronavirus in Africa. State TV earlier said a foreigner thought to be carrying the coronavirus had tested negative, raising questions about his initial infection.


Houthi militants fire a ballistic missile on Al-Safra distirct in the governorate of Saada: Arab Coalition Spokesman

Updated 6 min 39 sec ago

Houthi militants fire a ballistic missile on Al-Safra distirct in the governorate of Saada: Arab Coalition Spokesman

Houthi militants fire a ballistic missile on Al-Safra distirct in the governorate of Saada: Arab Coalition Spokesman

developing