RIYADH: On a macro level, Egypt is studying the establishment of small nuclear reactors to produce energy. On a micro level, Italy’s Eni has won a stake in the $29 billion Qatari project to expand the production of natural gas.
Looking at the bigger picture:
- Germany is planning to limit the use of natural gas for electricity production, as concerns about potential shortages rise due to a supply cut from Russia.
- Egypt’s Nuclear Power Plants Authority is studying the establishment of small nuclear reactors to produce electricity with a minimum capacity of 10 megawatts and a maximum of 300 megawatts, Daily News Egypt reported.
Through a micro lens:
- Eni has won a stake in the $29 billion project that will expand Qatar’s production of liquefied natural gas, Bloomberg reported
This comes amidst an escalating energy crisis in Europe and rising oil prices.
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Co.’s unit has awarded a three-year engineering, procurement and construction contract, valued at $173 million to Greek construction major Archirodon, according to Trade Arabia.
- Japan's Sony and Honda Motor have signed an agreement to establish a joint venture that will start selling electric cars in 2025.