Dr. Mohammed bin Abdul Aziz Al-Ohali, rector of King Faisal University (KFU) in Al-Ahsa

Updated 21 September 2019

Dr. Mohammed bin Abdul Aziz Al-Ohali, rector of King Faisal University (KFU) in Al-Ahsa

Dr. Mohammed bin Abdul Aziz Al-Ohali has been the rector of King Faisal University (KFU) in Al-Ahsa since April 2017. 

He is also a member of the board of trustees of Prince Sultan University in Riyadh. Previously, he served as the dean of the faculty of graduate studies at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) in Dhahran. 

He also was the vice dean of graduate studies, the undersecretary in charge of the deanship of scientific research, and the general coordinator of the Basic and Applied Research Program in the Research Institute at KFUPM.

Al-Ohali was the director of Aafaq (Horizons), a 25-year plan to improve higher education opportunities for women, boost scientific research and tackle the Kingdom’s shortage of scientists in critical fields. The initiative was announced in 2009 by the Education Ministry.

He holds a Ph.D. in nuclear physics from the US, and has participated in more than 40 research papers.

On the occasion of Saudi National Day, Al-Ohali said all KFU staff members and students are “proud of the history of their country, and they are happy with the services provided to them in their university, including equipment and technologies that allow them to reach opportunities of academic and scientific excellence.”

He praised the Saudi government’s support and care for the KFU since its establishment in 1975.


Two workers killed at Saudi Arabia's SASREF oil refinery

Updated 4 min 59 sec ago

Two workers killed at Saudi Arabia's SASREF oil refinery

  • Another two contractors were injured at the SASREF plant in Jubail in the incident on Sunday

RIYADH: Two contract workers have been killed at an oil refinery in Saudi Arabia.

Another two contractors were injured at the SASREF plant in Jubail in the incident on Sunday, the company said.

“SASREF immediately activated response teams to identify the source of the incident and responded to the situation,” the statement said.

“The safety of our people and operations is a top priority.”

The company, which is owned by Saudi Aramco, said additional safety measures would be put in place to prevent incidents in the future.

The 305,000 barrel per day SASREF refinery had until September been a joint venture between Aramco and Royal Dutch Shell.

Aramco bought it as part of a strategy to expand its downstream operations.