DUBAI: Dubai will resume wedding receptions in hotels, halls, homes, temporary venues and tents in residential areas starting Oct. 22, state news agency WAM reported.
The Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management said families must adhere to all coronavirus precautionary guidelines to ensure the public’s safety. “Violators will be held accountable for lack of compliance with the rules,” it said.
The UAE has recorded so far 115,602 coronavirus infections, 107,516 recoveries and 463 deaths.
Wedding receptions in halls must allow a maximum capacity of 200 people, while tents and homes can only enable entry of a maximum of 30 people.
Attendees must wear face masks at all times and can take them off only when seated at their tables of five people maximum, the report said.
Guest should not be seated face-to-face and must keep a distance of over 1.5 meters, while tables should be placed at least two meters apart from each other.
The events in halls, hotels, homes, temporary venues and tents must not cross a four-hour duration, the report added.
Elderly people and those with chronic conditions or symptoms including coughing and fever are also urged not to be present in such events, the committee said.